Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Summertime... and the livin' is easy.

Something happens during the summer. Maybe it's the smell of the grass freshly mowed. Maybe it's the thought of doing yardwork and slathering on sunblock and having to bear ghostly white legs for the first time to the relentless rays of the sun. Or maybe it's the ease of knowing that I have the entire summer to get my stuff done for the next school year. Whatever it is, I'm in a friggin' good mood right now.

It helps that I've reeled myself in a big fish (read: A Man (!)). I'm looking at him now. He's real cute. He makes time slow down and the world look technicolor. I'm sorry for the cheesey-ness of that, but it is my reality right now. How sweet it is.

I just mowed this morning, and the aftermath, before the dandelions poke their heads up again, makes the lawn (what little I have) look gorgeous. I planted the garden last week, and there's something about getting really gritty that makes a shower feel so much better.

How about garage sales? How about going to a restaurant and eating outside? How about taking a road trip up to Grand Marais, rolling the windows down and letting your arm hang out to work on your farmer tan? How about ice cream that serves the dual purposes of cooling and deliciousness?

Yep. Summer. Good times.

1 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Kelli. I love you and miss you. I'm so happy that you are happy. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home