Sunday, April 29, 2007

Wierdest Chapstick Incident Ever.

I am a chapstick addict. Have been since high school. I've even come up with a nickname for the stuff: I call it "Chappy." It's fun and vaguely British. Anyway, I have tubes of it placed strategically around my house, and the tube involved in the incident in question is the one that is on my nightstand.

So last night, I'm getting ready for bed. I hop under the covers, reach over and apply some mint Chapstick, and do a little reading. When I feel my eyelids getting heavy--bingo!!--time to put down the book and fall immediately asleep. But when I turned to put my book down, I noticed that I didn't put the cap back on the chappy! What the hell! So I'm looking around in the covers, trying to find the cap, but there's nothing doing. I was perturbed, obviously, but I twisted it down as low as it would go and switched off the light, figuring that I'd find the cap in the morning.

The next thing I know, I'm having a crazy dream. No, don't ask me; I don't remember what it was about. I do remember that it wasn't all that fun, and when I awoke suddenly, I had something in my hand, but I thought it was something from the dream. But then I realized that it wasn't, indeed, something from the dream, it was, indeed...

The Chapstick cap!!

I'm dead serious here. Somehow, in my dream state, I found the missing cap! This wasn't a dream, either, because I consciously and fully woke myself up knowing full well that this was a story that was meant to be told.

I'm happy to report that when I woke in the morning, the cap was back on the chappy, confirming that at the most, I have an amazingly astute subsconscious mind, and, at the least, I had a terrible, restless night of sleep last night.

2 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger D. Bjorn--Ursus Maritimus Solutum said...

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Didn't I teach you anything??????

It's the UNconscious!!!! The subconcious is your knowledge that there are submarines in the ocean!

And I'm betting the cap was in your hand the entire time. heh. That's where my keys are every time I lose them at home.

Love you, Kelli. grinning all saccharine sweet

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger J. said...

Ha ha! Chappy! You know you were dreaming about searching for the cap. Just admit it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home