Monday, May 22, 2006

Gross Things #2

I live on a somewhat busy street that goes up and then down a big hill. It's a house-lined, urban street, so there are always lots of cars parked along the road.

I have noticed something intriguing and, yes, gross, for awhile when driving along my street. I don't remember when I first noticed it, but it has since become a fairly reliable sighting whenever I pass by.

Four or five blocks away from my house on the other side of the street, a maroon, full-sized Cadillac sits in front of a two-story house. It's a rather unremarkable vehicle; it is neither new nor old, neither dirty nor clean. Nondescript...

Except for the bag of dog poop that is habitually sitting on the trunk.

One must ask oneself: Why is that dog poop there? (I didn't actually realize that it was dog poop until I started paying attention. As a matter of fact, it might not actually be dog poop, but I'm pretty sure it's some kind of poop. It's the right size and shape.) Who put the dog poop there? (It is often in different-colored bags, so I know that it's not a single bag of dog poop that simply gets tossed off and then put back on.)

The car doesn't just sit there, either. There are times when the car is not there, so it gets driven. I actually saw the guy who drives the car, too, just tonight. He's a middle-aged dude, fairly nondescript (not unlike his car). Strangely, though, I passed him as he arrived at his spot, and I went home, screwed around for fifteen, twenty minutes, and then headed out again... and he was still sitting in his car when I went by. Perhaps waiting for the dog poop perpetrator?? The world may never know.

2 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger D. Bjorn--Ursus Maritimus Solutum said...

Oh...my. *LOLOLOLOL*

I need to party with you again!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Amy Dusek said...

You should have asked him..."What's up with the bag of poop? Seriously."

Your story reminds me of the dog poop in bag incident we had about a year or so ago. Someone kept leaving dog poop tied up in one of those little clear doggy crap bags in random spots in our yard. It was usually the backyard or sometimes even on our front step. What's up with that? Do they think they are being polite in some way by leaving their dog's poop in a bag, instead of in our grass? What the heck?!?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home