Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Beard

Sometimes I see friends after a period of time, months or years, and they look exactly the same. More often than not, though, they are not the same. This can be disorienting. I saw my friend David for the first time in eight months at a conference on Friday, and he shocked me by his bushy beard. It wasn't some piddly pseudo-beard, either; it was a full-on, cover-the-face-and-hang-down-to-the-chest Man's Man BEARD. I grabbed The Beard immediately, like a little kid grabs Santa's beard. Thankfully, he was pleased enough to see me that he wasn't annoyed, or didn't show it. It looks nice, by the way. More importantly, though, it looks warm. Bravo for The Beard, David.

1 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger D. Bjorn--Ursus Maritimus Solutum said...

Heh. Me and The Beard have been mistaken for Santa Claus three times in the last two months, and I think it actually got me out of a speeding ticket on Christmas Eve.

And I was no where near being annoyed 'cuz I knew that I was going to be teasing you about the Arabian Mush.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home